Thursday, December 8, 2011

Daily Links: December 8, 2011



The DC-3: The Best Paper Airplane in The World. "During the summer of 1950, on the outskirts of Harrisburg Pennsylvania U.S.A., my sister's boyfriend 'Skip' was sitting on the glider on the front porch of our house. He said to me - Hey Mike... bring me a sheet of paper.' I answered why? and he responded with his make believe impatience 'Just bring it!' I obeyed and he said that he was going to build the best paper airplane in the world. I was eight years old at the time and my meager knowledge of paper airplanes was the traditional flying wedge that spiraled into tight loops and fell head first to the ground."

The Hipster's Dictionary: A copasetic compendium of hep cat hype and swing-era slang.

Louis C.K.: The Next Steve Jobs Will Be A Chick: The comedian (and father of two daughters) salutes the feminine future.

The Straight Dope: Can cops really commandeer cars?
 
VASSAL is an open-source engine for playing board games online, by email, on forums or on a single machine. Which board games? These. (Requires Java.)

No comments:

Post a Comment