Monday, November 14, 2011

Daily Links: November 14, 2011


The Visible Universe, Then and Now
Before the telescope was invented in 1608, our picture of the universe consisted of six planets, our moon, the sun and any stars we could see in the Milky Way galaxy. But as our light-gathering capabilities have grown, so too have the boundaries of the visible universe. Popular Science’s interactive map shows how the known universe has grown from 1950 to 2011.


8 Important Silicon Valley Innovators Not Named Steve Jobs

The 10 Weirdest Things You Can Do With Your Ashes

Carving out the buried secrets of the lost city of Atlantis: Bettany Hughes reveals her new research into the ancient myth of Atlantis.

My dad taught me cashflow with a soda machine After a brief, failed experiment paying me to do chores, my dad tried something really neat. It clearly took a bit of legwork, but maybe there are some transferrable lessons for parents who want to lay an entrepreneurial foundation. He gave me a vending machine.

Sixth grader codes iOS apps, gives TED talks, and - generally - makes me feel like I've been lazy my entire life.

Why Americans Won't Do Dirty Jobs? Businessweek takes a look at the labor supply situation in Alabama, after state legislation sent illegal immigrants packing to other states.

You can call the red phone booths in the United Kingdom section of Epcot's World Showcase!... though I'm guessing these numbers will blocked or changed in a matter of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment