Monday, January 23, 2012

Tech: Keiichi Matsuda’s Vision of the Future


We are living in the future -- Keiichi Matsuda knows that. Working from London and Tokyo, the 27-year-old designer and filmmaker creates innovative videos that blend architecture, virtual reality, social networking and sci-fi, offering a glimpse into how augmented reality could play out in the coming years.His two most recognized films, “Augmented (hyper)Reality: Domestic Robocop” and “Augmented City,” displayed his artistic vision and racked up thousands of views on YouTube.

“I’m still not quite sure how to tell others what I do, which I hope is a sign that I’m breaking new ground!” Matsuda told Wired.com in an e-mail interview. “I always seem to hover around the intersection of technology, media and urbanism. The tensions that emerge when we try and combine the virtual and physical are an underlying thread that link my projects.”

Source: Underwire

No comments:

Post a Comment